The Accountant for Ironhide Construction will be responsible for handling the accounting and financial responsibilities of the organization. The Accountant will generate multiple report types, track budgets and project budgets against projections, collect invoices and employee receipts, and must be able to work with a new accounting software. It is important that the Accountant be very analytical and detail oriented, while having the ability to learn and adjust on the fly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor and track receivable income and support project management team with collections.
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards, rules, regulations, and systems of internal control.
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
- Work with project managers to review project budgets against purchase orders to maintain accuracy.
- Track accounts receivable versus accounts payable/monitor cash flow, and report weekly to CFO.
- Track and compile all project lien waivers, conditional and unconditional until each subcontract is closed.
- Assist in improving processes related to project and corporate accounting.
- Generate and assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other reports on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Collect and review employee receipts and expenses, and accurately report this information.
- Collect and input all mailed vendor invoices and enter into accounting system.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to learn and manipulate a new accounting platform quickly.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Self-starter who is accountable and highly motivated.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Must be proficient with Excel
- 5+ years of general contractor accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Procore Financial Management Systems is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures as well as best practices.
- Indoor working conditions.
- Mostly stationary, seated work at a computer.