The Estimator will be responsible for gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents for work being estimated. Estimator will be required to estimate labor, material, and time requirements to be able to compute the overall cost of the project.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements.
- Prepares construction budget by studying plans, updating specifications, identifying, and projecting costs for each project.
- Organize subcontractors’ quotes, negotiate to ensure quotes meet contract documents and issue proper documented purchase orders.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide and maintain unit pricing database for material and labor costing.
- Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for Design-
- Build and Construction/Project Management formatted projects.
- Provide clear detailed quantity take offs.
- Maintain relationships with subcontractors and clients.
- Ensure site personnel and Project Manager are provided with proper documentation related to the project.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Client and customer focus building effective relationships and committed to meeting the needs of our clients.
- Personal accountability in timeliness
- Show integrity for personal choices made on jobsites
- Positive team attitude
- Great attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Strong ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in Pre-engineered Metal Buildings
- Comfortable with numbers and technology
- Basic understanding of construction and able work well under pressure
- Knowledge of Proest
- Valid driver’s license
- Previous experience in estimating projects into the $5 million range.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with variable working hours.
- Enjoys various challenges with multitasking
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, use hand and fingers, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position operates in an office environment using standard office equipment such as; computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Personnel will wear work shoes or boots with slip resistant and puncture resistant shoes when visiting job sites.
- Hard hats and safety galsses will be worn whenever present on a job site.
Ironhide Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled