The Lead Carpenter will be responsible for layout, installation, repairing, finishing, and maintaining various structures, fixtures, and buildings. Assisting supervisor with structural design, planning, layout, and installation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fits and installs window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a level.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures.
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layouts and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Follows safety rules and regulations while maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Installs cabinets, frameworks, flooring, or other fixtures in commercial buildings, using hand tools or power tools.
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives.
- Performs demolitions on various projects
- Perform jobsite inspections.
- Assists or trains other construction workers as needed
- Other duties assigned by management.
- Capable of receiving and following instructions.
- Effective communication with co-workers
- Excellent customer service
- Personal accountability in timeliness
- Forklift certification
- Attention to detail with craftsmanship.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in construction preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications.
- Valid driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use multilimbed coordination, stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- This position requires the use of protective goggles or face shields where there is danger of flying particles or corrosive materials or there is a risk of eye injuries from punctures, abrasions, contusions, or burns.
- Appropriate gloves should be worn when moving, loading/unloading or when handling any sharp or abrasive object.
- Personnel should wear work shoes or boots with slip resistant and puncture resistant shoes.
- Hard hats will be worn whenever present on a job site.
Ironhide Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled