The Construction Laborer will perform a variety of tasks throughout Metal Building construction sites. Trim, Roofing, Punch list items, and various other tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Read specifications or blueprints to determine the locations, quantities, or sizes of materials required.
- Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts, following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
- Bolt aligned structural steel members in position with permanent riveting, bolting, or welding into place.
- Hoist steel beams, girders, or columns into place using cranes or signaling hoisting equipment operators to lift and position structural steel members.
- Cut, bend, or weld steel pieces, using metal shears, torches, or welding equipment.
- Erect metal or precast concrete components for structures such as buildings.
- Force structural steel members into final positions using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, or hand tools.
- Pull, push, or pry structural steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place.
- Unload and position prefabricated steel units for hoisting, as needed.
- Drive drift pins through rivet holes to align rivet holes in structural steel members with corresponding holes in previously placed members.
- Assemble hoisting equipment or rigging, such as cables, pulleys, or hooks to move heavy equipment or materials.
- Fabricate metal parts such as steel frames, columns, beams, or girders according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Dismantle structures or equipment.
- Ride on girders or other structural steel members to position them or use rope to guide them into position.
- Hold rivets while riveters use air hammers to form heads on rivets.
- Insert sealing strips, wiring, insulating material, ladders, flanges, gauges, or valves depending on types of structures being assembled.
- Personal accountability in timeliness
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Focus on quality of work and diligent at learning the trade
- Show integrity for personal choices made on job sites
- Positive team attitude
- Strong ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Ability to identify issues before they become problems
- Attention to detail with craftsmanship
- Desire to learn and improve
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in construction
- Experience in Carpentry work
- Experience running layout, safety equipment, using a forklift, boom lifts, scaffolding, and using site levels
- Valid driver’s license
- Pre-employment Drug Screen
- Background Check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 75 pounds.
- This position requires the use of protective goggle or face shields where there is danger of flying particles or corrosive materials or there is a risk of eye injuries from punctures, abrasions, contusions, or burns.
- Appropriate gloves should be worn when moving, loading/unloading or when handling any sharp or abrasive object.
- Personnel should wear work shoes or boots with slip resistant and puncture resistant shoes.
- Hard hats will be worn whenever present on a job site.