The Project Manager is responsible for planning, estimating, and overseeing projects or a wide range of different projects from beginning to end. They will be responsible for balancing budgets, keeping track of supplies, collaborate with subcontractors, and ensure all regulations are met and permits are acquired.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee projects from beginning to end while monitoring compliance with safety and building regulations.
- Primary contact for owners, architects, and other invested parties throughout the project.
- Collaborate with subcontractors, engineers, architects, and key team members of the project team.
- Select and manage subcontractor and vendor relationships
- Determine and define scope of work and deliverables
- Manage the budget and estimate costs.
- Ensure supplies and equipment are ordered and delivered according to schedule.
- Create and maintain a current schedule for each project
- Hard bid and conceptual estimating
- Prepare external and internal reports relating to job status, daily progress, estimates and deliverables.
- Negotiate agreement terms, manage construction contract drafts, bid on projects, and obtain permits to analyze and mitigate risks.
- Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the building process from hiring contractors to working with engineers, architects, and vendors.
- Communicate effectively with Superintendent to create a seamless construction management team.
- Conduct weekly site visits to monitor progress and quality of standards.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, cost estimating, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building required.
- Familiar with Procore
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrates budgeting and cost analysis skills
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or experience in related filed preference
- 3+ years’ experience in Project Management experience in construction
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use multilimbed coordination, stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- This position requires the use of protective goggles or face shields where there is danger of flying particles or corrosive materials or there is a risk of eye injuries from punctures, abrasions, contusions, or burns.
- When electrical or gas welding and or cutting occurs, a NIOSH approved welding helmet, heavy duty welding gloves, long sleeves, and pants will be worn.
- Appropriate gloves should be worn when moving, loading/unloading or when handling any sharp or abrasive object.
- Personnel will wear work shoes or boots with slip resistant and puncture resistant shoes.
- Hard hats and safety glasses will be worn whenever present on a job site.
Ironhide Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled