Under supervision, the Skilled Laborer is responsible for completing tasks related to structural iron, steel erection, and completing the tasks in a timely, quality manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Under the guidance of the Foreman, works with the erectors/installers helping bolt-up structural members or sheet/skin PEMB, and following instructions
- Effectively able to erect structural/PEMB steel
- Follows all OSHA safety guidelines as well as all job specific safety programs
- Efficiently follows job specific lift plans, specific erection sequence and specific bracing plans
- Communicates effectively with the project Foreman
- Unloading material as well as material shakeout and organization
- Experience installing single skin wall panels, insulated metal wall panels, standing seam roof with various insulation systems and metal decks.
- Other duties as assigned by Foreman & Crew Leader
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- MBI Certification
- OSHA 10 certification
- First aid and CPR certified
- Certification in equipment training
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- 6-12 months experience in construction
- Successfully completes a pre-employment drug screening and background check
- Frequently works at great heights
- Requires long periods of standing, bending, and climbing
- Must be able to lift 75 or more pounds at times with or without assistance.
- This position requires the use of protective goggles or face shields where there is danger of flying particles or corrosive materials or there is a risk of eye injuries from punctures, abrasions, contusions, or burns.
- Appropriate gloves should be worn when moving, loading/unloading or when handling any sharp or abrasive object.
- Personnel should wear work boots with slip resistant and puncture resistant shoes.
- Harness must be worn when above 6 feet
Hard hats will be worn whenever present on a job site.
Ironhide Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled