The Superintendent will coordinate all on-site construction activities including subcontractors, equipment and material, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control and job site safety
Essential Job Functions:
- Schedule subcontractors, vendors, equipment and material focusing on the critical path for timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s and material submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractors are fully executing and complying with their contractor scope of work.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate with project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log on Procore of activities on the jobsite.
- Walk the project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work and maintain safety.
- Ensure that the job is always kept clean and in organized manner.
- Perform job progress and complete punch list identification and completion.
- Monitor and maintain safety program including documenting and correcting unsafe work practices and work hazards.
- Personal accountability in timeliness
- Show integrity for personal choices made on jobsites
- Positive team attitude
- Strong ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Ability to identify issues before they become problems
- Attention to detail with craftsmanship
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Client and customer focus building effective relationships and committed to meeting the needs of our clients.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in supervisory position
- OSHA 30 preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Procore
- Valid driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use multilimbed coordination, stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 75 pounds.
- This position requires the use of protective goggles or face shields where there is danger of flying particles or corrosive materials or there is a risk of eye injuries from punctures, abrasions, contusions, or burns.
- When electrical or gas welding and or cutting occurs, a NIOSH approved welding helmet, heavy duty welding gloves, long sleeves, and pants will be worn.
- Appropriate gloves should be worn when moving, loading/unloading or when handling any sharp or abrasive object.
- Personnel should wear work shoes or boots with slip resistant and puncture resistant shoes.
- Hard hats and safety galsses will be worn whenever present on a job site.
Ironhide Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled